Thursday, April 7, 2011

Databases and Spreadsheets

Two of our class projects are to create a database and a spreadsheet. A database stores information and a spreadsheet calculates information. Programs such as MS Access and MS Works can be used to create a database. I created a database to use in my classroom. My database contains information on my students, their annual review dates, and their reevaluation due dates. I have also included whether or not they receive any related services. I plan to create a database to help keep track of whether my students receive their related services on their assigned days. Programs such as MS Excel or Googledocs can be used to create spreadsheets. his was the first time I have ever used Googledocs to create a spreadsheet. I believe it was easier to use than MS Excel. I create a spreadsheet to calculate grades in my class. This is an easy way for teachers to keep a grade book.

No comments:

Post a Comment