Saturday, April 9, 2011

Smithsonian National Zoological Park Webcams

My class loves to watch the different animals on the webcams at the Smithsonian Zoo. We watched the animals everyday (for a few minutes) for a week. I had my students write on a Post-It note, their favorite animal they observed. I assigned their favorite animals to them as a project. They used the Internet to find interesting information about the animals. They created a project using Microsoft word to type their information. We found pictures on the Internet and printed them off. When the project was complete, each student had an animal with interesting facts and pictures. My students even go on their own time to check out animals at the zoo.


This is the website if you would like to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment