Sunday, April 10, 2011

EXTEND 2 Trials

My students have been involved in EXTEND 2 (alternate assessment) trials. The trial tests are completed on the computer. At the end of the test, the students are given a survey. The survey has questions asking do the students like the computer test or the paper/pencil test. All of the students who took this test selected the computer. My students were excited to take this test on the computer. The paper/pencil test brings them more anxiety. It was really interesting watching my students navigate through the test. I read the test to them if it was math or science (and they received read aloud). Before the students take the test, they are given directions to tell them how to use the buttons and move through the test. My students seemed more comfortable with the computer test more so than the paper/pencil way. I believe that in the next couple years, all of the high stakes testing will be given on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment